Exhibits & Gallery Information
Exhibits at the Scott County Historical Society illuminate Scott County's people, places, and events. Comprised of text, photographs, graphics, artifacts, and active/interactive components for both children and adults, exhibits at the SCHS help the society fulfill its mission of sharing the history and cultural heritage of Scott County.
Teachers: exhibits are designed with Minnesota Standards for Teaching benchmarks in mind and make great field trips for your classes. Check out our Guided Tour page or contact the SCHS at 952-445-0378 for more information.
The Stans Museum has five onsite exhibit galleries:
- Central Hallway – topics change on a six-month schedule
- Maurice Stans family life – permanent display
- African Gallery – semi-permanent display of Maurice and Kathleen Stans African collection (individual portions of the gallery change yearly)
- Central Gallery – topics change on an annual basis every September
**NOTE: Due to exhibit redesign project, many of the exhibits at the Stans Museum will not be available for viewing May - August. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. Admission to the museum will be free during construction.
The Scott County Historical Society also creates offsite exhibits for the following locations:
- Scott County Courthouse - topics cover Scott County and exhibits change four times a year
- Prior Lake City Hall - topics cover Prior Lake and change twice a year
- Prior Lake Library - three year installation covering Prior Lake from the 1860s to the present
- Shakopee Community Center - topics cover Shakopee and change twice a year
- Shakopee Library - topics cover Shakopee and are installed as requested by the library
Recommend an offsite exhibit location by contacting Theresa Norman, Curator of Collections & Exhibits, at 952-445-0378 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.